[OS X Emacs] Incremental search in Aquamacs 1.4

Richard Vile hashiru at chartermi.net
Mon Sep 1 05:45:41 EDT 2008

I have tried the new build and the C-s / C-r do indeed not set the
region.

Command-f does not set the region to the first match found. Is this
correct?

Command-g/G does set the region, but repeated use does not extend the
region (as C-s C-s did in 1.4). I don't know what the intention was
here, so it could be right or wrong depending. If the behavior in the
nightly-build is correct, then the original behavior in 1.4 is
probably a bug, i.e. using C-s C-s should simply set the region to be
the next match rather than extending the region to include the
previous region and everything between that and the next match
inclusive.