[OS X Emacs] Incremental search in Aquamacs 1.4

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:34:50 EDT 2008

On 1 Sep 2008, at 05:45, Richard Vile wrote:

> I have tried the new build and the C-s / C-r do indeed not set the
> region.
>
> Command-f does not set the region to the first match found. Is this
> correct?

Yes, but the region is set as soon as you exit isearch-mode, i.e., as
soon as any other command is executed.
For instance, you can cut the match string with Command-X.

> Command-g/G does set the region, but repeated use does not extend
> the region (as C-s C-s did in 1.4). I don't know what the intention
> was here, so it could be right or wrong depending. If the behavior
> in the nightly-build is correct, then the original behavior in 1.4
> is probably a bug, i.e. using C-s C-s should simply set the region
> to be the next match rather than extending the region to include the
> previous region and everything between that and the next match
> inclusive.

C-s C-s should not set the region at all, because it is an Emacs
command.
In 1.4, it was intended to set the region to the new match string;
everything else was a bug.

Using C-SPC, you should be able to extend a region with C-s or Command-
f/g/G, though.

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!