[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.5rc3: Bring back emacs keybindings, permanently killing Hard Word Wrap

Roland Whitehead rolandw at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 04:34:51 EDT 2008

Two things:

1. How can I easily bring back the emacs keybindings. For example I
want to be able to use C-x C-f to trigger Find File rather than an OS
X style Open File dialog (isn't that what Cmd-0 is for?). I guess that
I could go through all those that I want a re-write them in my
Preferences.el but surely there is an easier way to revert back to 1.4
(and earlier) style bindings?

2. How can I permanently kill the Hard Word Wrap? Every new document
has Hard Word Wrap enabled. I've tried setting the default of
longlines-mode to false in my Preferences.el but that doesn't seem to
work.

All suggestions gratefully received!

Roland