[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.5rc3: Bring back emacs keybindings, permanently killing Hard Word Wrap

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 06:48:48 EDT 2008

On 8 Sep 2008, at 04:34, Roland Whitehead wrote:

> 1. How can I easily bring back the emacs keybindings. For example I
> want to be able to use C-x C-f to trigger Find File rather than an
> OS X style Open File dialog (isn't that what Cmd-0 is for?). I guess
> that I could go through all those that I want a re-write them in my
> Preferences.el but surely there is an easier way to revert back to
> 1.4 (and earlier) style bindings?

Why do you think that C-x C-f now opens the Open File dialog?
There have been no changes to the existing mechanism.

> 2. How can I permanently kill the Hard Word Wrap? Every new document
> has Hard Word Wrap enabled. I've tried setting the default of
> longlines-mode to false in my Preferences.el but that doesn't seem
> to work.

longlines-mode is the old "soft wrap" mode.

The change log should be helpful:

"Automatic wrapping detection (hard word wrap = auto-fill, vs.~soft
word wrap) improved.  A new customization option `auto-word-wrap-
default-function' may be used to configure the default, which is hard
word wrapping."

That means, keep it on auto and set the customization option.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!