[OS X Emacs] latex error???

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Sep 17 13:49:33 EDT 2008

Am 17.09.2008 um 15:31 schrieb Jesper Ryge:

> I do not have this plugin installed so what to do?

Launch Aquamacs Emacs in a manner that it does not load your
customisation

	/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs -q &

and then see how AUCTeX behaves. If it still shows this error you can
try the same with:

	/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs -Q &

If the error persists then surely something in Aquamacs Emacs is
defective. If launching Aquamacs Emacs without your (-q) or without
any (-Q) customisation lets AUCTeX compile your LaTeX file, then the
fault is in your customisation or latest in that of your system.

> (pdf)latex compiles fine from the terminal so its working ok... so
> i dont understand why its complaining about the /bin/sh??

It's not complaining about this, it's the programme (shell
interpreter) /bin/sh that complains about a command it receives from
Aquamacs Emacs that is syntactically not correct:

	line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
	line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file

And this shell interpreter is needed to create a sub-process in
Aquamacs Emacs in which AUCTeX can invoke pdflatex or whatever to
convert a (La)TeX file.

--
Greetings

   Pete