[OS X Emacs] latex error???

Jesper Ryge Jesper.Ryge at ki.se
Thu Sep 18 07:22:32 EDT 2008

thankx fo the reply

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Subject: Re: [OS X Emacs] latex error???

> Am 17.09.2008 um 15:31 schrieb Jesper Ryge:
>
> > I do not have this plugin installed so what to do?
>
> Launch Aquamacs Emacs in a manner that it does not load your
> customisation
>
> 	/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs -q &
>
> and then see how AUCTeX behaves. If it still shows this error you
> can
> try the same with:
>
> 	/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs -Q &
>
> If the error persists then surely something in Aquamacs Emacs is
> defective. If launching Aquamacs Emacs without your (-q) or without
>
> any (-Q) customisation lets AUCTeX compile your LaTeX file, then
> the
> fault is in your customisation or latest in that of your system.

if i do : '

/Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs\ Emacs -Q &
i can compile the latex document!

i get the following:

tong:~/Desktop/cv/short jr$ pdflatex \\nonstopmode\\input cv-short-jr.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
... (latex output)

i guess it means there is something wrong with the customizations.el
file, or? it looks pretty complicated when i open it and i dont really
know where to start. any suggestions what it could be? or should i look
somewhere else? i looked at the Preferences.el but i dont think there is
anything in there messing things up... i tried loading aquamacs without
my Preferences.el anyways and no change.

suggestions higlhy appreciated:-)