[OS X Emacs] Flashmode TeX processing with Aquamacs?

Stephen Anderson sra at yale.edu
Wed Sep 17 15:11:43 EDT 2008

On the MacOSX-TeX mailing list, Claus Gerhardt has just announced an
version of the flashmode package for use with arbitrary editors.  It
would indeed be wonderful to have flashmode (typesetting simultaneous
with editing) while editing LaTeX files in Aquamacs.

There is a catch, of course: someone has to write something so that
Aquamacs will understand the Applescript interface.  And while I can
cheer, I can't help.  More information can be found at  http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/Flashmode
  and the particularly relevant bit is as follows:

> 10. Flashmode with arbitrary editors and previewers
> There is a version of Flashmode for arbitrary editors and previewers
> where the name of the editor has to be specified in
>
> ~/Library/Flashmode/Preferences
> and the name of the previewer in
>
> ~/Library/Flashmode/Applesripts-modular/refreshpdfbackground
>
> The editors and previewers have to understand a few basic
> Applescript commands that are implemented in TeXShop.
>
> First the requirements for the editors:
>
> get path of document of window 1
> The result should be the unix path to the front document.
>
> save document docName
> where docName is the displayed name of the file in the Finder and
> most likely the name of the window which displays the corresponding
> document, e.g., Flashmode-ReadMe.tex, if the Finder shows the
> suffixes, or else Flashmode-ReadMe.
>
> tell application editorName
> if document docName is modified then
> save document docName
> end if
> end tell
> Most likely any scriptable editor will understand this command.

What's the chance this can be made to work with Aquamacs?

--

Steve Anderson