[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.5 and SyncTeX

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Sep 21 14:07:15 EDT 2008

Am 21.09.2008 um 18:31 schrieb Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD:

> On Sep 21, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
>

>> On Sep 21, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Jeremy Van Cleve wrote:
>>
>>> Now that MacTeX-2008 has been released with binaries that support
>>> compiling documents with the "-synctex=1" option, what is the
>>> best way to use the support for SyncTeX that is in the AUCTeX cvs
>>> source?  Will Aquamacs wait until AUCTeX makes a new release, in
>>> which case Aquamacs 1.5 is unlikely to support SyncTeX?
>>
>> I can't answer these, but I got it working by modifying my latex
>> command in the preferences.
>
> Specifically:
> http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=SyncTeX
> has instructions.
> Joe
> ________

some more on this. Tried a few things today in order to get XeLaTeX
working with Aquamacs and SyncTeX. Works with these settings:

open Aquamacs
type: M-x latex mode
go to the LaTeX menu, select Customize AucTeX:Browse Options
go to TeX command group
go to TeX command list
insert a new item:
Name: XeLaTeX_SyncteX
Command: %`xelatex --synctex=1%(mode)%' %t
check boxes for LaTeX and whatever else you want to use with this
command
save for future sessions

Hope this helps,

Alex