[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.5 and SyncTeX

Jeremy Van Cleve vancleve at stanford.edu
Sun Sep 21 15:38:05 EDT 2008

Thank you much to all who responded!

I have been able to modify the TeX-command-list to use the "-synctex=1"
option and produce a .synctex.gz file, but I have had trouble getting
the synchronization to work properly.  I can get Aquamacs to bring the
window focus to Skim but the location in the pdf is far from the
location in the source; likewise, when I try to move from the Skim to
the source, the line number that Aquamacs moves to is incorrect.  Since
support for synchronization using SyncTeX in AUCTeX was in the AUCTeX
CVS, I downloaded the file that included the new
"tex-source-correlate-mode" (tex.el), byte compiled it, and stuck it in
the "Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/edit-modes/auctex"
directory.  However, after turning on the mode, it didn't correct
synchronization with Skim.  One thing I have noticed since upgrading to
Aquamacs 1.5rc3 is that when I'm editing a LaTeX document in LaTeX-mode,
line numbers do not show up at the bottom of the buffer; rather Aquamacs
shows (??,col#).  Maybe this is part of the problem if Aquamacs is
having trouble determining the line number in the source.  I have
noticed that the line number shows up properly in other modes (e.g. MATLAB).

Thank again,

Jeremy