[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.5 released

C. R. Oldham cro at ncbt.org
Mon Sep 22 17:36:46 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I am using Aquamacs for Rails development successfully under the 1.4
releases.  The setup I use combines ECB, Flymake, ruby-mode, nxhtml-
mode and a few other packages.  After upgrading to 1.5 when I scroll
up and down in a buffer with the up and down arrow keys, the Emacs
cursor is behaving very strangely.  Sometimes it will get "stuck" in a
block of code, meaning when the cursor reaches the top or bottom of an
arbitrary chunk of code instead of continuing to scroll up or down it
will "warp" to the other end of the chunk.  Other times the cursor
will pop around from the code window (Emacs window, not Mac OS window)
to the directory tree to the files window.  This is very annoying.  Am
I the only one seeing this?

I've checked to see if there are updated versions of the packages I
use, but ECB hasn't been updated in a long time, and the underlying
packages (cedet 1.0p4 containing eieio, speedbar, semantic, etc)
haven't seen recent releases either.

I've backed off to 1.4 for now.  Suggestions?

--cro