[OS X Emacs] 1.5 and "open -a"

Tom Van Vleck thvv at multicians.org
Mon Sep 29 14:44:02 EDT 2008

There are more inconsistencies in Aquamacs with buffers and frames.
I have o-b-o-f set OFF.

I started Aquamacs, noted there was no Frames item on the Windows menu.
   open -a "/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app" foo
Closed the window with cmd-W (simulating my common mistake).
Opened a new window with cmd-N.  Showed a scratch buffer.
Killed that buffer with c-x-k.  foo reappeared.
Now the windows menu showed a Frames item. clicking it brought up
a submenu with foo on it twice.
   open -a "/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app" bar
showed bar in the window, and the Window :: Frames submenu showed both
foo and bar, but in fact there was only one frame.
Choosing an item from the Frames submenu opened a new frame.
   open -a "/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app" baz
opened baz in one of the frames.

I was able to end up with a long list of files on the Frames submenu,
many more than I had frames.  What should the Frames submenu
show if a window is split and holds more than one file?