[OS X Emacs] dialog box issues - known problems?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:18:06 EDT 2009

On Aug 11, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Yes, that was why I was asking. This was not a complaint. I wish to
> contribute to the process in a constructive manner. So, I was trying
> to find out if these are known and documented issues. I thought
> perhaps someone on this list might know.

The best place to look right now is http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com
and search for bugs in general or in package "ns" (which is Nextstep
== Cocoa).

Emacs 23.1 Nextstep (Cocoa) is not stable and reliable yet; this is
documented in etc/NEWS.  It really needs work.  E.g., it crashes in
its event loop quite often for me, but it's not reproducible.

The best way to help with the development is to figure out why (in the
code!) bugs occur and then describe the solution, either verbally or
by writing a patch.  Reporting bugs with all information needed to
reproduce is a minimal first step, but it is not very effective when
there are not enough people actually dealing with the reports.  So:
debug and write more code.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!