[OS X Emacs] Should I be reporting Aquamacs crashes?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:20:44 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 5:35 PM, <skip at pobox.com> <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm using Aquamacs 2.0pre3.  I run it on my Mac at home, and frequently
> ssh in from work and run it with -nw.  The last two days when I've
> returned home I've been presented with a dialog asking me if I want to
> ignore, report or relaunch Aquamacs.  I'm pretty certain the cause is
> simply that my ssh session was abruptly disconnected.
> Still, should I report these "crashes" anyway?  Never?  Once?  Once in
> awhile?  I'm inclined not to report them but if you think there might be
> some value I will.

Yes, please report one of those, and then report other ones that show crashes in different places, i.e. look at the trace to see where it crashed.   Don't bother reporting duplicates.

I recommend reporting them directly to emacs-pretest-bug at gnu.org.  Always use the bug report function from the Help/Diagnose menu, and always copy&paste the stack trace (from the Apple dialog or from ~/Library/Logs).

No promises that these issues are going to get fixed very soon, but thanks in advance for your reports!