[OS X Emacs] trying to debug problem with Aquamacs 1.6

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 16:22:00 EST 2009

Hi.

I have a little additional info on a problem I mentioned earlier.
Maybe somebody will have some insight.

When I start up Aquamacs, C-x u is bound to the function advertised-
undo.
After running gnus, C-x u is bound to the function gnus-undo.
This problem only occurs with Aquamacs 1.6; I didn't have this problem
with version 1.5.

It's certainly possible that my customizations (which have grown by
accretion over the quarter-century I've been using emacs on one
platform or another) are to blame.  Indeed, when I start up Aquamacs
without customizations, this problem doesn't arise, so that C-x u is
still bound to advertised-undo after I finish up in gnus.

In an attempt to trace this problem, I commented out ~/Library/
Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/Preferences.el.
Now my ~/.emacs file consists of
   (defvar aquamacs-p (string-match "Aquamacs" (version)))
   (if (not aquamacs-p)
       (load (expand-file-name "~/.emacs-nonaqua")))
which means that it should have no effect under Aquamacs Emacs.  Just
to play it safe, I commented *this* out as well.

Despite all this, the problem still persists; C-x u is bound to the
wrong undo after I leave gnus.
I thought that I had nuked all my customizations; maybe I missed
another place where customizations take place.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net