[OS X Emacs] trying to debug problem with Aquamacs 1.6

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:59:03 EST 2009

On 1 Feb 2009, at 16:22, Art Werschulz wrote:

> which means that it should have no effect under Aquamacs Emacs.
> Just to play it safe, I commented *this* out as well.

"Help -> Diagnose -> start without customizations" works pretty well
in these cases.

> Despite all this, the problem still persists; C-x u is bound to the
> wrong undo after I leave gnus.
> I thought that I had nuked all my customizations; maybe I missed
> another place where customizations take place.
>
> Suggestions?  Thanks.

Even with your customization, this shouldn't be.

I would first look up where it is bound, using C-h m.
Then, I would do a "grep" over all the gnus source (.el) files to see
where and how advertised-undo is bound.  If that doesn't turn up
anything, try to find where C-x u is bound.  Perhaps it's a bug in gnus.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!