[OS X Emacs] Minibuffer appearance

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:57:59 EST 2009

David:

2009/2/6 David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com>:
> There is no face in emacs meant specifically for the echo area (and I
> presume you want to change that rather than just minibuffers).
> There are several ways, but the easiest one would be:
>
> - Turn off Autofaces
> - use the "Background color" function to choose a color for the frame
> (rather than for the major mode)
> - Turn Autofaces on again.

Thanks, it worked perfectly.    I guess I still do not understand
"faces" and "autofaces".   I just ordered the "GNU Emacs Manual" by
Richard Stallman, 2007.   I need to better understand this wonderful
software application.   Actually, I just use Emacs+LaTeX+R, Firefox,
iTunes, and VLC.  That is it, and Emacs + Firefox are 95% of all my
usage.

Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University

Email: hindiogine at gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://www.coe.tamu.edu/~enrico

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
Saint-Exupéry