[OS X Emacs] Fortran syntax highlighting in Aquamacs

Bill Sacks wsacks at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 12 15:29:36 EST 2009

I just tried to use the latest version of fortran.el, but I couldn't
get it to work. When I installed that in place of Aquamacs' built-in
fortran.el, my .f files were no longer recognized as FORTRAN files.
Perhaps the problem is related to the following warnings that I got
while trying to byte-compile the file:

fortran.el:693:2:Warning: define-abbrev-table called with 5
arguments, but
     accepts only 2

In fortran-mode:
fortran.el:833:28:Warning: reference to free variable
     `fortran-mode-abbrev-table'

In end of data:
fortran.el:2173:25:Warning: the following functions are not known to
be defined: characterp,
     gud-find-c-expr

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal - I will just deal with this
syntax highlighting problem until Aquamacs is updated to use the
changes in emacs v. 23, whenever that is released.

Thanks,
Bill