[OS X Emacs] View icon

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:39:33 EST 2009

On 16 Feb 2009, at 20:50, Jan Rosinski wrote:

> I have noticed sometime ago that when I click on the 'View' icon, on
> the tool bar
> (Latex mode),  then X11 starts and nothing happens afterwards.
> Previously,  my default pdf viewer, 'preview.app' would display the
> pdf file,
> which was understandable. It seems, I have not changed any
> configuration...
> I am running 1.7preview-2.

It normally starts the application bound to PDF files (change that via
Finder, "Get Info", with a PDF file).
If not in PDF mode, then it should probably start the DVI viewer (or
the PS viewer? Not sure).  So check what application is associated
with such files.

> BTW, it would be nice to change settings of the 'View' icon to
> invoke Skim. Is there a way to do it?
> Thanks.

Absolutely, it should be documented in the AUCTeX manual, available
online.

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!