[OS X Emacs] turn-on-auto-fill not working

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:33:29 EST 2009

On 27 Feb 2009, at 15:44, Patrick May wrote:
> 	Thanks.  Out of curiosity, what is the reason for these extra
> files?  I don't really mind making the changes there, but it does
> make it difficult to use the same .emacs file on multiple platforms.

The change is because the canonical place for preferences /
customization is in the user's ~/Library/Preferences/AppName/
directory on Mac OS X.

Also, I find it sensible to separate user-editable configuration code
from material that is written and overwritten by Aquamacs ("Save
Options").

You can easily customize the `custom-file'  in your .emacs, setting it
to "~/.emacs" itself:

(setq custom-file "~/.emacs")

Aquamacs will respect that and ignore the customizations.el file.

Note that, however, the customization that Aquamacs writes is not
guaranteed to be compatible with other Emacsen; some customization
variables (specifically `text-mode-hook') will contain calls to
functions not present in other Emacs variants.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!