[OS X Emacs] Something's still not right about the font stuff

Drew Hess drew.hess at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:15:40 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've set all of them to courier new, but I notice that when visiting a
> folder (vm-visit-folder) the presentation buffer is often still in a
> variable width font until I do something else (click with the mouse in the
> window, select something from the menu bar, etc).  Eventually the window
> does display in courier, but not immediately.

I'm seeing similar behavior, but with autoface enabled, and only
with erc-mode, so far. Creating a new buffer in erc-mode (e.g.,
by /join'ing a group) displays the new buffer in a different font
briefly before switching to my overridden default face.

No other modes that I've tried (e.g., gnus) exhibit this
behavior.