[OS X Emacs] latex on aquamacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 21 18:57:59 EST 2009

Am 21.01.2009 um 16:24 schrieb Jan Rosinski:

> 1. I am rather an advanced  user of latex but a novice on aquamacs.
> Is there a good source to learn aquamacs specifics for  latex?
> (Sample macros, key-bindings for latex? A screencast?)

I don't think Aquamacs Emacs has "its own" TeX mode, it's either
that, which comes with regular Emacsen or it's AUCTeX – this has a
Preview menu.

> 2. I have a problem using preview in line in book style from within
> included chapters.
> I opened my book's master file, typesetted it and and from sync in
> Skim I opened
> one of the included chapters. I changed one formula in the chapter
> and wanted to create
> at point preview.
> I got error messages (no \begin{document}, etc.) suggesting that I
> need to return to master
> file to run preview for whole book. This is very inconvenient.
> So, the question is how to run preview in at point, section, etc.
> from within included chapters?

I think Preview tries to motivate you to think before doing anything.
By removing the previews from the whole document you will be able to
create previews for particular regions individually.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.