[OS X Emacs] gnus confuses undo?

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 06:44:54 EST 2009

Hi.

Using Aquamacs 1.6 (and I don't recall this problem with Aquamacs 1.5):

After running gnus, C-x u (bound to advertised-undo) quits working.  I
get the following error msg in the *Backtrace* buffer:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Nothing further to undo")
   signal(error ("Nothing further to undo"))
   ad-Orig-error("Nothing further to undo")
   apply(ad-Orig-error "Nothing further to undo")
   error("Nothing further to undo")
   gnus-undo(1)
   call-interactively(gnus-undo)

I also get the same msg in the *Backtrace* buffer when I enter a
command of the form C-_ x, where the "x" can be any normal character
appearing as part of a help command keystroke.  Note that I have
	(define-key global-map "\^_" 'help-command)
in my emacs configuration, mainly because I never gave up this ITS
Emacs key-binding (among others).  Again, this behavior only happens
after having run gnus.

Before I binary-search my configuration files, I was wondering whether
anybody had ever  seen something like this, and (if so) how it got
fixed.

Thanks.

Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net