[OS X Emacs] [Aquamacs] CMD + ^ doesn't work in a new nightly

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:25:05 EDT 2009

> I described the behavior in my first post: If you press the ^-key on
> german keyboards, osx inserts a ^ with an underline. If you press a
> key like o, i or so, a special key with the ^ on top is inserted (ô,
> â, for example).
> To actually get the ^-character, you have to press ^-<space>.

OK, that's a dead key.

To enter a key binding involving this key and Meta, use

ESC ^ SPACE

and that works as intended for me.

Using Option (Meta) or Command (reconfigured as Meta) doesn't work,
and that's no good.

Patches welcome.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!