[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.8

Arthur Ogus ogus at math.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 20 00:12:31 EDT 2009

Dear David,

I probably  won't be able to help you debug it, since I'm getting
ready to leave for a conference, but I should report that when I tried
to install
Aquamacs emacs 1.8 c2 on my laptop, I noticed that it said that a new
feature was better handling of tex trees.  In fact I had the opposite
experience,
I got warnings that local-variables were wrong, and it was unable to
create any new buffers in latex mode at all.  reverting to 1.5 fixed
the problem.

Best,

Arthur Ogus