[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.8 intermittent problems with command-C

Tom Van Vleck thvv at multicians.org
Mon Jul 20 09:35:00 EDT 2009

Ever since Aquamacs 1.8 came out,
I have noticed intermittent problems with
highlighting text and doing Command-C to copy it.

Just happened several times.
I am in CPerl-mode.
I dragged across a Perl subroutine and it highlighted.
I did Cmd-C to copy, Cmd-v to paste
(which should have pasted what I just copied, leaving no effect,
intending to next do a second Cmd-v to make a new subroutine)
what was pasted was the previous contents of the kill-ring.

The first few times this happened I thought, gee, maybe I
didn't do the cmd-C.  But I did a view-lossage (below) and
it is there.  You can see an A-c A-v A v where I duplicated
a function once and changed its name to "allhex", then
did another drag across the new function and A-c A-v.
What was pasted by the A-c was the name of the old function
that had been wiped out by double clicking and typing.

If I cmd-z cmd-c cmd-v again, the same error occurs.
If I re-highlight the function, Cmd-c, Cmd-v it will work OK.

It behaves as if sometimes Cmd-C will not copy a region
highlighted by dragging over it, and other times it will.

<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> A-c
A-v A-v <backspace> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1>
a l l h e x <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> a l l h e x <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> a l l h e x
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> A-c A-v M-x v i e w - l o s s a g e
<return>