[OS X Emacs] How do I make fixed width fonts the default in Aquamacs 2?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 31 22:59:22 EDT 2009

I just downloaded the Aquamacs 2 preview release.  My default font is now
variable width (something called Skia?) I changed the default face font
family to courier in the Basic Faces group but that didn't help.  I don't
see any obvious way to tell Aquamacs to use a fixed width font by default.

This seems to me to be something which should be trivial to figure out.  I
am a programmer, not an author.  Variable width fonts are a detriment, not
an improvement for me.  Looking at code rendered in variable width just
gives me a headache, especially Python, where indentation matters.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    Getting old sucks, but it beats dying young