[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: Latex does not work

Thomas Käufl kaeufl at ira.uka.de
Mon Mar 2 05:37:55 EST 2009

Hi David,

Am 27.02.2009 um 22:26 schrieb David Reitter:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On 27 Feb 2009, at 15:09, Thomas Käufl wrote:
>
> Aquamacs sets a few additional paths (to TeXLive) in case the user
> hasn't set them.  This is why you see additional paths.

then, we are on a Mac, the (default) path should be /usr/texbin.
As far as I know, texbin is a symbolic link made by Mac-Tex.

> What is the value of your `shell-file-name'?

on the G5:

echo $shell
/bin/tcsh

on the G4:

[i10mac8:~] kaeufl% echo $shell
/bin/tcsh
[i10mac8:~] kaeufl% echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

> What is the value of $PATH when you start Terminal.app (without
> starting another shell)?
> The default login shell is essential here.  The $PATH needs to be
> correct there.

After starting a login shell on the G4:

Welcome to Darwin!
i10mac8:~ kaeufl$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
i10mac8:~ kaeufl$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
i10mac8:~ kaeufl$

The same values are obtained on the G5

I hope this helps
Thomas