[OS X Emacs] problem with TeX error processing

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 13:00:06 EDT 2009

Hi.

I'm using aquamacs, along with AUCTeX.

Consider the following small sample file:

\documentclass{beamer}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}
  Hello \world.
\end{frame}
\end{document}

When I run this through LaTeX via the AUCTeX interface,
emacs pauses on the error and gives
   LaTeX errors in `*~/Desktop/blivit/blivit output*'. Use C-c ` to
display.
in the minibuffer.  I then type C-c `.

The behavior I would expect is that emacs should take me to the line
containing the undefined control sequence \world. Instead, emacs puts
   Master file: (default this file) ~/Desktop/blivit/
in the minibuffer and waits for some inpujt.  If I hit return, I (not
surprisingly) get an error.

Any ideas how to fix this?  Many thanks!

Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net