[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Upgrade Loses Font Options

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:39:46 EDT 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, David Reitter wrote:
> The plethora of face settings set by color themes are not imported
> from pre-1.6 versions
OK. It is always nice if upgrades happen smoothly, and hopefully in
the future they will most of the time, but I understand.

> I would recommend that you do M-x color-theme-select and choose
> the desired color theme (I guess this is where the settings came
> from originally).  You can save options, and the settings will be
> preserved.
New issue: I've loaded a LaTeX file to see how each theme works. I
do M-x color-theme-select, my buffer splits in two (or perhaps more
correctly my frame splits into two buffers?). As I go down the list
hitting enter to see each one, I realize that often I am not seeing
the theme correctly. For example, if I chose the "Black" theme,
about 50% of the theme changes depending on the theme I had
*previously* selected to preview. Obviously Black isn't defining
every possible thing and the defaults from the previous selection
stay.

I can make sure I'm seeing a theme correctly by saving, quitting,
and restarting, but it is a bit of a hassle.

Anyway, all is fixed and working now. Thanks for an explanation of
the issue.

   -k.