[OS X Emacs] .Rnw files in Aquamacs font problem

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:28:20 EDT 2009

On Mar 21, 2009, at 6:15 PM, Caroline Wiley wrote:

> I have changed my default font and size to Monospace 14. I have been
> using
> Aquamacs for a very long time and only with the past 1.7 upgrade
> have I had a
> problem with the default font I set. In .Rnw files the font size will
> sporadically change to 13 then back to 14. This makes it very
> inconvenient for
> scrolling. The font is stable for all other file types (.R, .tex)
> and only seems
> to be an issue with .Rnw. Any suggestions?

I suspect that there is a mode-specific face in place for some of the
major modes used within Rnw files.  If I remember correctly, Rnw does
switch major modes for different parts of the buffer - is that right?
If so, setting the face (Options / Appearance) for all fonts involved
(R/ESS and latex I guess) to the same font / height should address the
problem.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!