[OS X Emacs] Can't start gui when -nw is running

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat May 23 10:31:29 EDT 2009

Am 23.05.2009 um 14:59 schrieb <skip at pobox.com> <skip at pobox.com>:

> If it wasn't already running, starting it from the shell produced
> no error
> message.  According to the referenced include file, error 1100 is
> "BOOTSTRAP_NOT_PRIVILEGED", which I guess jives pretty well with
> "Permission
> denied."

It's not an error, it's just a warning. And it's really nothing
important. Applications register themselves at the system when they
launch that the whole system knows that some new service(s) is (or
are) available now. Now that this service is (or these services are)
established no other application is allowed to "steal" it (or them).
The same would happen when you launch any other application more than
once.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
				- Groucho Marx