[OS X Emacs] inferior-lisp error

Emmett Casey elcasey at uark.edu
Tue Oct 27 22:58:58 EDT 2009

Hey all! This is my first time ever using something like this.
I'm used to using forums. Bear with me!

I installed aquamacs on snow leopard. Aquamcas is distribution 2.0 preview 3.

I downloaded and installed the slime
installer available from the aquamacs website.

I download clozurecl (formerly openmcl) and put it in:
/library/application support/aquamacs emacs/

I edited the aquamacs preferences.el file to include the following:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs Emacs/Slime/")
(setq inferior-lisp-program
             "/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs Emacs/ccl/scripts/ccl64")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

Now, when I run aquamacs and type in M-x slime,
it returns "process inferior-lisp not running"

What gives? I've battled this for two days now.
I know it's probably some stupid blazingly simple error on
my part, as I am almost completely new to programming.
(like,.........really, really, really new)

Thanks for any help.