[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.0preview3 available

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:25:54 EDT 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Christopher Menzel wrote:

> I'm using Monaco.  I see the math with no problem under 1.9.  Using
> the same font under 2.0, nearly all math symbols (but curiously, not
> all, e.g., square root and infinity) are rendered as empty boxes.
> Starting with -q makes no difference.

I have checked in a change that brings back a lot of the characters
classified as "symbol", such as unicode 0x2208, "element of".  They
are still not rendered as nicely as in Aquamacs 1.9.  Also, other
characters (such as 0x2203, "there exists") are rendered white at this
point.  The reasons for these shortcomings lie in Emacs 23 and its
Nextstep/Cocoa port; I have reported them and will push for this to be
fixed, but it is ultimately beyond my control.

Thanks for reporting this.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!