[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs+Skim inverse search

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:35:45 EDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

> One could easily argue that Aquamacs shouldn't install emacsclient
> at all, as in then messes up Apple's 22.1 emacs installation.

We could install "aquamacsclient" in a location that is usually in PATH.

At least the failure mode wouldn't be a silent fail, but a complaint
such as "can't find aquamacsclient".

The current tools installer allows people to manually select /usr/
local/bin as target, warning them about the fact that this is not
normally in PATH.  And it warns people about the incompatibility.

The Aquamacs (and Mac) philosophy is to not require people to mess
with their .bash_profile file or wherever PATHs can be set.

Aquamacs and Skim need to work out of the box.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!