[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs+Skim inverse search

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Wed Sep 2 20:01:55 EDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
On Aug 31, 2009, at 1:51 PM, David Reitter wrote:

>> On Aug 31, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Christopher Menzel wrote:
>>> I did file one.  Forward/inverse searching is so critical to how I
>>> and, I know, many others work that it seems to me important enough
>>> to address before the 2.0 release.
>>
>> Ok, if it's important, perhaps somebody could work on it!
>
> Maybe I'm lazy (alright, I'm lazy), but the easier solution is to
> just set the default Aquamacs setting in Skim to use the full path.

No, as I note, that was the first thing I did, and it does not solve
the problems I pointed out.  There are two problems: (1) If you have
split your source window into two panes and each pane is looking at a
different part of your source document, an inverse search (i.e., Shift-
Cmd-<LeftClick> in the Skim preview) moves the cursor in *both*
Aquamacs panes to the corresponding point in the source document
instead of only the most recently active pane.  An inverse search does
not make Aquamacs the active application.

Chris Menzel