[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs+Skim inverse search

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Sep 3 10:08:48 EDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 8:01 PM, Christopher Menzel wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

>>> Ok, if it's important, perhaps somebody could work on it!
>>
>> Maybe I'm lazy (alright, I'm lazy), but the easier solution is to
>> just set the default Aquamacs setting in Skim to use the full path.
>
> No, as I note, that was the first thing I did, and it does not solve
> the problems I pointed out.  There are two problems: (1) If you have
> split your source window into two panes and each pane is looking at
> a different part of your source document, an inverse search (i.e.,
> Shift-Cmd-<LeftClick> in the Skim preview) moves the cursor in
> *both* Aquamacs panes to the corresponding point in the source
> document instead of only the most recently active pane.  An inverse
> search does not make Aquamacs the active application.

I should have said "partial", since it at least gets syncing working
in some form. I saw these, and didn't know if they were important
enough to be addressed now. I rue submitting bug reports so early in
development since there are likely more important issues, and as David
noted... we could fix them ourselves. He thinks more highly of our
skills than I do. :)
Joe

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater