[OS X Emacs] Re: problem C-x C-f 'ing a file in two windows

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 11:18:46 EDT 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 2:53 AM, xioni wrote:
>  however, recently it changed and instead C-x C-f brings into focus the file in the previous frame rather than opening it in the new frame.

Can you determine when it changed, i.e. between which Aquamacs versions exactly?

> my work computer still is on aquamacs 1.5 and the desired behavior still exists there.

Aquamacs 1.5 came out a long time ago, with thousands of little changes in the meantime.

>  so, i just spent a few minutes toying around with  custom-set-variables in  customizations.el and the behavior i desire seems to be given by the following
>
>  '(aquamacs-customization-version-id 100 t)

No, that is just an internal variable so Aquamacs can tell which version of Aquamacs wrote the customizations file.  Of course, a range of internal things depend on this so that users upgrading to newer versions do not have to change too many settings.

Try turning off tabbar-mode (Options menu).
This may give you the desired behavior - at least it does so for me.