[OS X Emacs] crash & bugs in 2.0preview5

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 13:59:19 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm running Aquamacs 2.0preview5 on Mac OS X 10.6.3 and have the
following problems:

- I clicked on the menu bar an Aquamacs an it just crashed. Only a once
off, but still...

- I had the following lines in my .emacs which causes Aquamacs to
complain on startup:

; python.el re-configure
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key python-mode-map
"\C-m" 'newline-and-indent)))
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key python-mode-map
[S-return] 'newline)))

File mode specification error: (void-variable python-mode-map)
Warning: Bug in python-mode: it forgets to call `run-mode-hooks'

If I comment that out, I get no warnings, but clicking on the Python (or
any other...) menu item in the menu bar doesn't do anything.
This appears to be a problem with full screen editing mode.

Has anyone else experienced these?
Where/how should I report them?

cheers,

Chris