[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs windows to mac encoding

David Romano romanod at math.grinnell.edu
Mon Feb 15 13:43:28 EST 2010

I just starting using Aquamacs version 1.9 and I'm seeing behavior I
don't see when using an earlier verion:  When I view a file sent from
a Windows machine, there are ^M^M characters at the end of every line.
I've only found a response in the archive by Peter Dyballa that says one
can use C-x RET f, but when I do this, I'm still not sure which coding to
use, and no matter what I try, the ^M^M persist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David Romano