[OS X Emacs] horrible looking fonts with black background?

Paul Fisher fisherpk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 11:14:59 EDT 2010

I am a new to the mac and aquamacs, but long time emacs user.  Everything is working just fine, except that when i try to enable black (or any dark) background the text look unreadable compared to the same setup with white background.  It does not matter what font I choose, and while the setting for "Frame Background Mode" chooses more appropriate color, the text still looks horrible.

It "appears" to me that the anti-aliasing is not appropriately dealing with the color inversion.  Is this a known issue with a solution?  Is there any way to disable anti-alias font rendering from within Aquamacs (don't want to do this globally)?

--
paul