[OS X Emacs] Options | Line Wrapping neglected

Normen Müller normen.mueller at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:19:53 EDT 2010

He,

I want to tell my Aquamacs the following default line wrapping settings for text (*.txt) and LaTeX (*.tex) files:

o Word Warp
o Break Lines (AutoFill) 120

In my ``.emacs'' I added the following:

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(font-latex-fontify-sectioning 1)
 '(gud-gdb-command-name "gdb --annotate=1")
 '(large-file-warning-threshold nil)
 '(safe-local-variable-values (quote ((TeX-master . t))))
 '(fill-column 120)
 '(visual-line-mode nil t)
 '(word-wrap t)
 )

However, each time I open up Aquamacs and start editing the scratch buffer or a LaTeX file the options are set to ``Word Wrap'' only, i.e. in the Options | Line Wrapping menu the following items are marked:

o Word Warp
o Adopted as Default (grayed out)
o Detect Line Wrap in Text Files

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
/nm