[OS X Emacs] Options | Line Wrapping neglected

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:37:55 EDT 2010

Normen,

you added the wrong code to your .emacs.  In the comment, it says that "custom-set-variables was added by Custom", yet it was in fact added by you.  That's a hint that something's not quite right.  `custom-set-variables' is not intended to be added by users.

You're running into trouble because Aquamacs evaluates your ~/.emacs first, and then loads customizations stored with "Save Options" from the Options menu, which are in customizations.el.
After that, it will load Preferences.el, which is the recommended place for user additions.

Note that Emacs behaves in a similar way, except that the customizations.el stuff follows right after user code in .emacs.

You can find this and more information in the Aquamacs Wiki and in the Aquamacs manual, which describes the configuration files that are loaded.

Hope that helps.
- David