[OS X Emacs] gpg/pgp not working in 2.0

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Tue Jun 8 13:30:43 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 10:58 PM, David Strozzi wrote:

>  Aquamacs seems to work fine, except I can't open a .gpg file now (I could on the old machine).  I get an error "file exists, but cannot be read" when I try.

What are the actual permissions on the .gpg file in question, and the directory that contains it?

Given your history, it sounds possible that your ~/.gnupg (or wherever you keep GNUPGHOME) was copied improperly.

Alternatively, and especially if your old GNUPGHOME was not in ~/.gnupg/, maybe there's something hiccuppie in Aquamacs' reading of environment variables during start-up; check the top of *Messages* for surprises, notably the "Shell:" line and the "NN environment variables imported from login shell" line and its neighborhood.

-==-
Jack Repenning
Chief Technology Officer
CollabNet, Inc.