[OS X Emacs] gpg/pgp not working in 2.0

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 05:54:17 EDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 1:58 AM, David Strozzi wrote:

>  Aquamacs seems to work fine, except I can't open a .gpg file now (I could on the old machine).  I get an error "file exists, but cannot be read" when I try.
>
> The same thing happens if I remove my .emacs file.

See: Help -> Diagnose menu for troubleshooting.

> I wonder if Aquamacs is somehow upset that it's not living in Applications/.

No, it won't be.  It runs fine from elsewhere.

> I checked in Terminal, and insde the Aquamacs.app folder there is eventually a lisp/ dir with epa things.

Sure (even though I don't know what "epa" things are), how would such a folder be related?  Is "epa" something that specializes on opening .gpg files?

If a file exists, but cannot be read, you may simply not have read permission.  That sort of thing doesn't have much to do with Aquamacs...

Hope that helps.