[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching to Aquamacs: Some Odd Issues with Faces

Erik L. Arneson dybbuk at LNouv.com
Tue Jun 8 14:03:38 EDT 2010

Jack Repenning <jrepenning at collab.net> writes:
> On Jun 8, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Erik L. Arneson wrote:
>
>> It doesn't seem to be properly loaded
>

> Have you looked in *Messages* to see if there are some ... well ... messages about this failure?

I have indeed, and I'm not seeing anything useful.  It looks like this:

Mark set
one-buffer-one-frame-mode disabled.
Mark set [5 times]
Aquamacs is based on GNU Emacs, a part of the GNU/Linux system. It is Free Software: you can improve and redistribute it under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. (C) 2010 D. Reitter. No Warranty.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Here's another weird bug:
1. C-Space, mark a block of text, then C-w to cut it.
2. The mark is still set, and I have to hit C-Space again to clear it.

I've never seen that latter behavior in any version of Emacs before.

--
Erik Arneson <dybbuk at LNouv.com>
  GPG Key ID: 1024D/62DA1D25