[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching to Aquamacs: Some Odd Issues with Faces

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Tue Jun 8 14:15:50 EDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Erik L. Arneson wrote:

> Here's another weird bug:
> 1. C-Space, mark a block of text, then C-w to cut it.
> 2. The mark is still set, and I have to hit C-Space again to clear it.
>
> I've never seen that latter behavior in any version of Emacs before.

That one I've seen. I think it began in one of the versions you skipped over. Annoys me, but I guess I've just been thinking it was deliberate. I certainly never researched or reported it.

As for your loadup problem ... at such a point, I generally revert to adding markers around the body of my various .el's:

(message "Loading thisfile ...")
;; contents of thisfile
(message "Loading thisfile ... Done.")