[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching to Aquamacs: Some Odd Issues with Faces

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:20:31 EDT 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Jack Repenning wrote:

>> 1. C-Space, mark a block of text, then C-w to cut it.
>> 2. The mark is still set, and I have to hit C-Space again to clear it.
>>
>> I've never seen that latter behavior in any version of Emacs before.
>
> That one I've seen. I think it began in one of the versions you skipped over. Annoys me, but I guess I've just been thinking it was deliberate. I certainly never researched or reported it.

Could you please report it?

I don't see this behavior, if I take "mark is set" to means "mark is active", i.e. a region is highlighted.
If we just take the mark as set - not sure what the inconvenience is.  But I am used to `transient-mark-mode'; with t-m-m off, I could imagine that this is a problem.  Can you elaborate?