[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.0 and spelling

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:24:39 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Eric Grayson <grayson.eric at ymail.com>wrote:

> And, if I check the *Messages* buffer I can see this:
>
> Spell-checking foo.tex using NSSpellChecker with en dictionary...
>
> I am still have tex issues, though.  I went to System Preferences, found
> the Spelling pane, and checked the tex filter for the many dictionaries that
> are listed there.
>
> However, when I do M-x ispell-buffer
>
> all the tex words are still flagged as errors.

The Spelling pane does NOT control OS X system dictionaries (like "en"); it
only applies to cocoAspell-installed aspell dictionaries.

Select one of your aspell dictionaries instead, via M-x
ispell-change-buffer, or Edit-->Spelling-->Show Spelling Panel.  The
relevant dictionaries will match those you have checked in the cocoAspell
Spelling prefpane (and in the OS X spelling panel, they have names ending in
"(Aspell)").

--Nathaniel