[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.0 annoyance

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:28:47 EDT 2010

Robert,
thanks for your comments.

Points 1 and 2 are directly related to how GNU Emacs 23 implements the scrollbars; I can forward your comments.
Ways to work around this in Aquamacs could be investigated; no-one has created a patch or made suggestions regarding this so far.

> 3. When the mini-buffer updates, it causes the whole window to flash. The minibuffer
> seems to momentarily disappear, the vertical scrollbar extends all the way to the
> bottom of the window frame, then the minibuffer reappears with the new message
> and the scrollbar goes back. It's really quite irritating to see this.

This doesn't seem right to me:  that's not what I get (or most other users, for that matter).
Could you make a full bug report (start via the Help->Diagnose menu without customizations)?
Also, I'd be interested if this is related to `smart-frame-positioning-mode' (try switching it off).

Thanks again for your input.
- David