[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs doesn't

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:34:28 EDT 2010

Hi Normen,

> I have installed the latest Aquamacs 2.0 and Skim 1.3.6 (54) but Aquamacs doesn't open up Skim for PDF viewing in LaTeX mode.  If Skim is not already running Aquamacs opens up Preview (that's fine), but if Skim is running all I get is
>
>  aquamacs-call-viewer <linenumber> <filename>

I suspect you have a configuration causing AUCTeX to ask you for confirmation when calling the viewer, or something else is breaking it.
Please try to run Aquamacs without customizations via the Help->Diagnose menu.

To diagnose this, it would also be important to understand where this "message" is printed, and if you get a chance to edit this in the minibuffer, or if an error message appears.

Correct behavior would be for Aquamacs to fire up your default PDF viewer except when Skim is running, in which case Skim is brought to the front.